We are about to publish offers from Spar .Sign up to find out when!
Asda Christmas Guide 202118 days leftView Offers
- Booker Wholesale
CleanPro+Expires tomorrowView Offers
- B&M Stores
Special OffersExpires tomorrowView Offers
Extra Special Christmas Parties & GatheringsPublished todayView Offers
Christmas 202118 days leftView Offers
Clean Pro+Expires tomorrowView Offers
Specialbuys25 days leftView Offers
Morrisons OFFERS1 day agoView Offers
Top Offers1 day agoView Offers
Christmas 202119 days leftView Offers
- Home Bargains
Christmas all wrapped up!1 day agoView Offers
- B&M Stores
Manager’s Specials1 day agoView Offers
Offers Sainsbury's1 day agoView Offers
- Marks & Spencer
Women & Girls Christmas Jumpers1 day agoView Offers
Christmas Leaflet18 days leftView Offers
I want to receive the latest Spar catalogues and exclusive offers from Tiendeo in your city
With thousands of stores in dozens of countries, the food retail chain SPAR (a Dutch multinational franchise) is committed to offering your household the essentials for everyday living.
Four different store formats make up SPAR’s retail strategy:
• SPAR EXPRESS: Intended for high-footfall transit locations (including petrol stations and city centres) with a sales area between 100 and 300m².
• SPAR: Designed for both urban- and rural areas at a size of 200 to 1,000m² to ensure shoppers get their daily grocery fix.
• EUROSPAR: Aimed at weekly family shopping trips, this is the larger format (usually found in malls) at a layout of 1,000 - 3,000m².
• INTERSPAR: With a sales space exceeding 3,000m², this is the biggest SPAR store format and includes a rich selection of food- and non-food products.
The history of Spar
Adriaan van Well is credited with founding the company and also opening the first store in South Holland back in 1932. But back then, the brand was known as DESPAR, an acronym of the company slogan "Door Eendrachtig Samenwerken Profiteren Allen Regelmatig" (meaning “everyone works better together” in Dutch). And as “Spar” also means “spruce tree”, designing the logo was a breeze.
Met with success, the company continued operations throughout the next decade, but dropped the DE prefix from the name as more stores expanded across Europe (including Belgium in 1947). SPAR was established in the UK in 1956, and a mere three years later the company’s expansion included wholesalers and retailers in nine countries.
SPAR rapidly increased its presence not only in Europe, but also Africa and Asia during the 1960s – 1980s. But South Africa was the first non-European country to join the SPAR family (in 1963).
Today, SPAR continues to offer first-rate grocery products, an enticing liquor list, plus numerous sales and weekend specials thanks to its online presence.
You’re sure to benefit from Tiendeo’s tempting selection of online catalogues and product discounts, but why not click through to the SPAR website for some more goodies?
• To make your online shopping even better, see the Deals & Groceries page and enjoy sales and specials on anything from breakfast cereal to liquor.
• Thanks to the Store Locator, finding the closest SPAR outlet near you is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
• For new recipes and food hacks, see SPAR's online blog or sign up for the newsletter to get fresh offers in your inbox.
Want to score more weekend specials, promotions and other benefits? Then sign up for Tiendeo alerts to take advantage of SPAR’s newest product brochures and promotional material relevant to your city.
United Arab Emirates